Members Code of Professional Conduct (“Code of Conduct”)
Last Updated: 18 September, 2015
True North Group Limited (“TNG Global” or “TNG”) is a company that aims to put its members first when it comes to making important decisions. Hundreds of professional conversations and shared insights are being exchanged every day on TNG Global. To ensure these discussions help our members be more productive and successful, TNG has put in place this Code of Conduct (or Community Guidelines) outlining the types of discussions and content that are acceptable on TNG Global, and what may be deemed inappropriate and stopped by TNG management. These community guidelines are intended to provide our members guidance and complement the terms found in the User Agreement governing your use of, and participation in, TNG Global’s online services.
TNG Global is an association that does not fall within the definition of “network” under the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC) Code of Ethics, section 290 and the European Union Statutory (revised 8th Company Law) Directive. Each member is legally independent and is expected to abide by the standards of service expected by their recognised professional body. (https://www.ifac.org/system/files/publications/files/ifac-code-of-ethics-for.pdf)
Code of Professional Conduct
- Be Real. Unlike some other online services, our members need to be real people, who provide their real names and accurate information about themselves. It is not okay to provide misleading information about yourself, your qualifications or your work experience, affiliations or achievements on TNG’s service.
- Be Professional. We ask our members to behave professionally by not being dishonest or inappropriate. We acknowledge the value of discussions around professional activities, but we do not want you to use TNG Global to shock or intimidate others. It is not okay to share graphic images to shock others, and it is not okay to share obscene images or pornography on TNG’s site.
- Be Nice. TNG Global shouldn’t be used to harm others. Terrorists and those who engage in violent crimes are not welcome on TNG Global. It is not okay to use TNG’s services to harass, abuse, or send other unwelcomed communications to people (e.g., junk mail, spam, chain letters, phishing schemes). Do not use TNG’s services to promote or threaten violence or property damage, or for hate speech acts like attacking people because of their race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, political or religious affiliations, or medical or physical condition. Also, don’t use TNG’s services to intentionally infect others with viruses, worms, or other software that can destroy or interrupt their data or computer devices. It is not okay to interfere or disrupt TNG’s service.
- Respect Other’s Rights and Follow the Law. We do not want TNG Global to be used for illegal activities or to violate the rights of others. Don’t use TNG’s services to commit fraud. Before sharing or using someone else’s copyrighted works, trademarks, private information, or trade secrets, please make sure you have the legal right to do so.
- Respect TNG Global’s Rights. Please don’t violate the rights of TNG. You can find more information about what this means in our User Agreement, but put simply, please don’t use TNG’s services to wrongfully take data or information. It is not okay to suggest that you are affiliated with or endorsed by TNG when you are not, and it is not okay to violate TNG’s intellectual property rights.
How to contact us
If you have questions or comments about this Code of Conduct, please email us at: [email protected] or contact us at:
True North Group Limited
PO Box 91211
Victoria Street West,